Sprouted Fruit Bars
Congratulations to our August 2019 Instagram Recipe Winner @iamcharlottefaith! Charlotte created a Sproutastically Sprouted Fruit Bar that makes for the perfect Back to School Sprouted Snack.
- 3/4 cup TYH Sprouted Oat Flour (or TYH Sprouted Spelt Flour)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sprouted rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (or 3 tablespoons of Aquafaba for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam (for filling)
- Preheat oven to 350.F
- Whisk all the dry ingredients in one bowl and your liquid ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour wet into dry and stir until just combined. Place dough in plastic wrap then refrigerate for 20-30 min. (this is done so that the dough will be easier to work with)
- After chilling roll out dough, using a sharp-edge utensil, cut into equal size rectangles (Similar to store-bought in size). I like to use a thin metal spatula.
- Spread the jam down the center on one half and fold over. Be careful not to overfill or it might bubble out (delicious but messy).
- Gently pinch or press the edges to keep filling inside. Feel free to sprinkle a few oats on top for decoration.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a bakers mat and bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before removing from the baking sheet. I think these taste best at room temperature or even refrigerated.
Make these on the weekend then have them during the school week!
Share this Recipe