Sprouted Chocolate Gingersnap Cookies
- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 1/2 cup your choice sprouted flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened organic cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons organic butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large organic or pastured egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a medium bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until creamy. Add molasses and beat until smooth. Add egg yolk and beat until well combined. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Shape dough into 24 balls, about 1 ½ teaspoons each. Place 2 inches apart on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten balls to ½” thickness with bottom of a glass.
- Bake each batch for 10 minutes. Cool on pan 4 minutes on wire rack, then remove from pan. Cool completely.
Share this Recipe