- CourseCakes & Cookies, Holiday Recipes
- 1 pound apples
- 2 cups sprouted rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup Walnuts
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Butter a 2-quart casserole. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Core apples, then chop and cut into half-inch cubes. Scatter apples in casserole dish, cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven to cool. Turn oven down to 325°.
- In a medium bowl, mix sprouted rolled oats, cinnamon, sea salt, half of walnuts (reserving other half for later).
- Add milk, stir and set aside to soak for 30 min.
- In a small bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, melted butter, and half of maple syrup (reserving other half for later).
- After soaking period, mix remaining wet ingredients into oat mixture. Spread into casserole with apples. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts and syrup, then a few shakes of cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- Bake uncovered at 325° for 35-45 minutes, or until the middle of the baked oatmeal springs back to light touch and is lightly browned. Serve with a dollop of fresh cream.
Share this Recipe