Recipe from contest winner Eric Bern (@bernfarms).
- 1 oz black truffle
- 12 shrimp with favorite blackening seasoning
- 1 cup sprouted organic gluten free yellow corn grits
- jalapeño pepper jack cheese sausage
- 1/2 lb crispy bacon
- 1/2 diced jalapeño paper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Bring your 3.5 cups of stock and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to a boil. Add in your grits and stir for a couple minutes then lower the heat to low and cover.
- Place 6 strips of bacon on a sheet pan and place in a 400 degree oven for 16 mins to crisp up.
- In a sauté pan cook sliced sausage until done over medium her. Remove from pan.
- Coat shrimp in blackening seasoning and blackened shrimp in pan until pink and done.
- Once the grits are done, season with salt, pepper, and truffle at the end. Spoon grits into a bowl, add shrimp and sausage on top! Then garnish with bacon and jalapeños
Share this Recipe