- 1 cup sprouted organic buckwheat flour
- 2 cups sprouted organic gluten-free baking mix
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 12 tablespoon very cold organic butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 1/4 cups cold organic whole buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place dry ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to blend.
- Drop in the butter pieces and pulse about 10 times to incorporate the butter.
- Mix in the honey and buttermilk while processor is running, just until a dough forms.
- Dump the dough onto a well-floured surface and pat it into a 9” round or square. The dough will be kind of sticky. Don’t add extra flour.
- I cut the dough into 6 squares using a pizza wheel. You may also use a large biscuit cutter to make 6 round biscuits.
- Bake on parchment-lined baking sheet for 5-6 minutes until the biscuits begin to rise. Turn down the oven heat to 400 degrees and bake another 8-10 minutes or just until fully risen and lightly browned. Be careful not to overbake.
- Serve with lots of butter and your favorite jam.
Share this Recipe