- 3 cups sprouted spelt flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- Mix all ingredients in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Stir until all is moist.
- Cover and leave on the counter for 12, 24, or up to 36 hours to allow it to ferment.
- Place a Dutch oven with cover or cloche in your oven and preheat to 500 degrees.
- While oven is heating, place a linen cloth on the counter and sprinkle with flour; scoop wet dough from bowl and let it plop onto the floured cloth.
- Sprinkle the top with flour and pat into a rectangle.
- Fold in all sides and turn over.
- When the oven is hot, drop dough into Dutch oven or cloche, cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove the Dutch oven or cloche cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- This is amazing crusty, soft on the inside, NY deli bread.
- Keeps well on the counter with cut side down.
- Marvelous toasted.
Share this Recipe