- 1 cup warm whole fat milk
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 6 tablespoons organic butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 packet active dry yeast (or 2 1/2 teaspoons)
- 2 large organic eggs
- 4 cups (gluten-containing) sprouted flour of choice
- olive oil for bowl
- Combine the milk, sugar, butter, salt, and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment and mix to combine well.
- Add the eggs and mix until well blended.
- Add the flour and mix until the dough pulls together well (not more than 1 minute). NOTE: It’s important not to over mix sprouted flour or the gluten bonds that form quickly will break down and your dough won’t rise.
- Flour your hands and remove the dough from the mixer. Stretch and fold it inward 3-4 times in your hands. Place back into bowl that has been greased with olive oil. Flip to coat both sides and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise in a warm spot until doubled in size. About 1-1 ½ hours.
- Generously grease a loaf pan with soft butter. Punch down dough slightly, then lift out of bowl. Stretch and fold dough inward 3-4 times in your hands, shaping it for your loaf pan. Place in pan, cover with plastic wrap and let rise again. About 1 hour.
- Place loaf pan in preheated 375-degree oven and bake for about 30 minutes being careful not to burn top. Remove from oven and let bread sit for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- Slices beautifully and makes great sandwich bread and toast.
Share this Recipe