- CourseBatter Breads, Cakes & Cookies
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed, over-ripe bananas (about 4)
- 3/4 cup maple sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups organic sprouted brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup organic sprouted sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour boiling water over dates in a small bowl.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in bananas and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- Stir together sprouted brown rice flour and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Gently stir flour mixture into egg mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Gently stir in melted butter, walnuts, and dates. Spoon mixture into a well-greased 9x5" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
Share this Recipe