- CourseBatter Breads
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed, over-ripe bananas (about 4)
- 3/4 cup maple sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups organic sprouted brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup organic sorghum flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour boiling water over dates in a small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in bananas and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- Stir together sprouted brown rice flour and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Gently stir flour mixture into egg mixture, stirring just until blended. Gently stir in melted butter, walnuts, and dates. Spoon mixture into a well-greased 9x5” loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
Share this Recipe