- CourseHoliday Recipes, Soups & Stews
- 2 pound dried sprouted navy beans
- 2 quartz filtered water or beef broth
- 1 cup Sprouted Barley soaked overnight in filtered water to rehydrate and drain
- 1 ham hock
- 2-3 cups coarsely chopped ham
- 1 pound ground beef cooked and drained
- 8 cloves garlic chopped
- 6-8 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 4 10 1/2 oz cans organic beef consomme’ or 42 oz. beef or pork bone broth
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Place beans in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water 2 inches above beans and let soak overnight.
- Drain beans, then add 2 quarts water or broth and bring to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 ½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with leaf spinach or kale for an extra nutritional boost.
- Note: Add water or stock if desired for a thinner consistency. Soup may be frozen.
Share this Recipe