- 3 oz. Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp minced green onion tops
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups sprouted white wheat flour
- 1 tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (whole fat) buttermilk
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Cut in cheese mixture and butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in buttermilk. (If dough is too dry add more buttermilk, 1 tablespoon at a time until you get a pliable dough consistency.)
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead lightly 7 or 8 times.
- Roll dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
- Yield about 14 biscuits.
Share this Recipe