- 1 cup sprouted Kamut berries (my suggestion is to use sprouted berries)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, roasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (I use about 2–3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy saucepan, add 1 cup of sprouted Kamut berries with 3 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer covered until desired doneness is reached.
- Begin checking after 20 minutes to ensure berries don’t overcook.
- Sprouted berries will cook quicker than un-sprouted berries.
- Like wild rice, some backbone should remain.
- Soaking overnight reduces the cooking time.
- Drain and rinse the Kamut with cold water to cool the grains for the salad.
- Save time by making this the night before while you're watching TV or eating dinner.
- Roast the hazelnuts while the Kamut is cooking.
- Set the oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread the hazelnuts on the baking sheet and roast until fragrant, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Wash cilantro and mint. Remove the leaves from the stem (optional). If you choose to skip this step, chop the herbs before measuring.
- In a large bowl, add the kamut, cilantro, mint, feta and hazelnuts. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
Share this Recipe