- CourseYeasted Breads
- 19 ounces sprouted red wheat flour
- 9 grams Celtic sea salt (1 ¾ teaspoon of this particular type of salt)
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 cups plus 1-2 tablespoons of lukewarm water to make a slightly sticky finished dough ball.
- I make the dough in a bread machine.
- Once all of the flour is incorporated in the bread machine I add 2 tablespoons of softened organic unsalted butter and let that mix in and let the dough knead, but take it out before it rises.
- I put the dough into an oiled bowl and flip it oiled side up.
- Cover with a piece of wax paper and then foil lightly enough so it can breathe.
- Let it rise in the refrigerator overnight which improves the texture dramatically.
- Then I bring it to room temperature, dump it out of the bowl onto a very lightly floured board, press it down gently to remove bubbles, then form it into a loaf by rolling it onto itself, pinching as I go.
- I place it in a greased 11 ¾ by 4 ½ inch loaf pan.
- Cover with a damp towel, let rise until 1 ¼” above the top of the pan, and bake at 375 degrees in a preheated oven until internal temp reaches 190 degrees, about 40 minutes at our high altitude.
- Amazing bread!
Share this Recipe