- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 1 lb fresh organic butter
- 3 cups tyh sprouted wheat flour
- 1 cup tyh sprouted brown rice flour
- 1 cup granulated maple sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Then add the flour slowly by the cup (I use a Borsch Mixer). Mix thoroughly.
- Put in jelly roll pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle organic sugar on top.
- Cook at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and slice while hot. Cool in the pan on a rack.
Shortbread is yummy when aged, but ours never lasts long enough to mellow. This was my first batch with the sprouted grain flours and my taste buds believe this shortbread would make any Scot thrilled!! Enjoy! (Lynn is an accomplished baker and regular TYH customer from Oregon. This recipe is tops on my list to bake this month.)
Share this Recipe