- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tbsp sprouted corn flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 cups whole pitted sour cherries or dark sweet cherries (about 2lbs whole unpitted cherries)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice (if using sour cherries) or 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice (if using dark sweet cherries) and zest if desired
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Boil potatoes until soft, skin and mash.
- Stir in salt and begin to stir in flour. Continue to stir and knead in flour until you have formed a dough that you can roll out.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Preheat oven to 375. Divide dough in half. Roll out one half for the bottom crust and place in a 9” pie pan.
- Pour in filling and dot with 2 tablespoons cubed butter.
- Roll out the other half for the top, place over filling, pinch edges, and cut a large X with a sharp knife on top.
- Brush with milk, sprinkle with sugar if desired, and bake for approximately 60 minutes. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe