- 1/2 cup sprouted rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons whole sprouted buckwheat
- 1 tablespoon whole sprouted millet
- 1 tablespoon sprouted seasame seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sprouted spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon sprouted barley flour
- 1 tablespoon sprouted brown rice flour
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt to taste
- fresh fruit and milk
- The night before, mix the grains, seeds and flours together in a bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of water and let sit at room temperature overnight.
- The next morning, bring ¾ cup of water to boil. Add in the soaked grains, ginger, cinnamon and salt and stir to blend.
- Reduce heat to medium, bring back to boil, stirring to thicken and to prevent sticking.
- Because the grains have soaked overnight as soon as the mixture is warm and thickened to desired consistency, it is done.
- The longer you cook it, the thicker it will become.
- Remove from heat, pour into bowl or bowls, top with your favorite fruit and milk if desired (for a sweeter cereal, add some honey or maple syrup) and enjoy!
Share this Recipe