- 1/2 cup fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
- 8 slices tyh sprouted whole wheat bread with oats
- 3 oz soft goat cheese (chevre)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 of a medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado mashed, lightly salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan cook the pea pods in lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain again. Cut on angle for sandwich.
- Place raw sunflower seeds on baking sheet drizzle with olive oil,place in 425 degree oven till roasted–about 5–8 minutes (watch closely they burn quickly).
- Spread one side of bread slice with goat cheese. The other side with mashed avocado.
- Sprinkle the bread slices with the roasted sunflower seeds, gently pressing nuts into the cheese/avocado.
- Top with cucumber, tomato, and pea pods. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Top with remaining bread slices. Makes 4 servings. (Leave off the cheese for vegan)
Share this Recipe