This recipe has got to be a couple hundred years old. My copy says to bake in hot oven until edges are brown. You may need to experiment, but start with a 350 degree oven and bake for 11–13 minutes. Be sure to line your baking pan with parchment to prevent sticking. Any of our sprouted flours will work, even the gluten–free flours. If using spelt or rye flour you may need to add water, 1 tablespoon at a time to get a good dough consistency for rolling out.
- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup maple or date sugar
- 3 cups to your health sprouted flour
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, blending well.
- Stir baking powder into flour and add slowly until a nice dough forms.
- Roll dough on a floured surface to 1/4–inch thickness.
- Cut dough into circles or use a cookie cutter.
- Place on lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 11–13 minutes, or until edges brown. Simple and delicious.
Share this Recipe