- 2 cups cooked sprouted brown rice
- 4 cups whole organic milk
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup heavy organic cream
- 2 large eggs, preferably pastured or organic
- 1 cup chopped fresh or drained canned organic pineapple
- 1 1/2 tablspoons orange zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange or vanilla extract
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring often, 20-25 minutes or until milk is reduced by half and rice is very tender.
- Whisk together cream and eggs.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons hot rice mixture into cream mixture.
- Reduce heat to low; stir cream mixture into remaining rice mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pineapple and next 3 ingredients.
- Serve hot or cold with desired toppings.
- *Topping Suggestions: navel orange segments, pineapple, toasted coconut, whipped cream, honey and cinnamon.
Share this Recipe