- 1/3 cup sprouted barley flour (can substitute millet flour for a non-gluten version)
- 1/3 cup sprouted brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup sprouted quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours. Add the butter and stir with a fork until it forms a crumbly, moist (not wet) dough. (If the mixture is too dry, add water a few drops at a time.) Form the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough between two sheets of wax paper and roll it into a 10–inch circle. Transfer the circle of dough to a 9–inch pie pan and gently press it against the sides of the pan. Trim off the excess dough and crimp the edges. The crust is now ready to fill.
- If you want to pre–bake the crust for a no–bake pie filling, simply prick the bottom of the dough with a fork (to keep it from bubbling up) and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before adding your favorite no–bake filling.
*: Sprouted flour is my addition. Nancy does not indicate sprouted flour in her recipes
Share this Recipe