Peggy’s Sweet Cream Pound Cake
- CourseCakes & Cookies, Holiday Recipes
- 1/2 pound organic butter, softened
- 3 cups sucanat, coconut sap sugar, or maple sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups cups sprouted flour (your choice)
- 1 cup heavy organic cream
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 large eggs, preferably organic or pastured
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Blend together butter and sugar (I use my stand mixer) until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl stir together sprouted flour, baking powder and sea salt.
- Add heavy cream and flour mixture alternately to butter and egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Spoon into a buttered and floured bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick test comes out clean.
- Cool cake on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Continue to cool before slicing. Serve on its own or top with your favorite accompaniments.
Share this Recipe