- CourseHoliday Recipes, Sides & Salads
- 2 cups peeled organic pumpkin, cubed (about 12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled organic sweet potato, cubed (about 1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup organic sweet onion, diced
- 1/3 cup organic celery, diced
- 2 teaspoons organic garlic, minced
- 4 cups organic chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 cup sprouted organic brown rice
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange pumpkin and sweet potato in an even layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until tender and just until vegetables begin to brown, stirring once. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic to pan. Saute about 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add broth and remaining ingredients to onion mixture, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 50 minutes or until rice is done and liquid is mostly absorbed. Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
- Add pumpkin mixture and stir gently to combine. Serve warm.
Share this Recipe