- CourseHoliday Recipes, Sides & Salads
- 3 cups ¾-inch-cubed sweet potatoes (about 1 ½ lb.)
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 6 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 TYH pie crust dough
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 cups light cream, preferably raw (or organic half-n-half)
- 4 large eggs, preferably pastured
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Arrange mixture in a single layer in a parchment-paper lined baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or just until potatoes are tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Stir in bacon and parsley.
- Roll out pie-crust dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Fit pie-crust into a 10-inch diameter tart pan. Press into fluted edges if desired. Trim off any excess pie-crust along edges.
- Line pie-crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Remove weights or beans and bake 5 more minutes. Cool completely on baking sheet on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Layer half of sweet potato mixture and half of cheese in tart shell. Repeat layers once.
- Whisk together light cream and next 3 ingredients. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees on lowest oven rack for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool tart on a wire rack (about 15 minutes).
Share this Recipe