- 1 TYH recipe pizza crust dough, made with sprouted wheat flour
- 3 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup organic butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Turn pizza dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (2-3 minutes). Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place (85%), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- I place my dough next to or on top of my Bunn coffee maker that stays warm 24/7.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 16-inch-long rope on lightly floured surface keeping unused dough covered with a damp towel.
- Form each rope into a U-shape on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Fold or twist each end down diagonally and tuck under dough, forming pretzel shape.
- Cover with a damp towel; let stand 15 minutes.
- Fill a 3 ½ quart saucepan with water and stir in baking soda. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer.
- Gently lower 2 pretzels into simmering water mixture. Cook 10 seconds on each side. Transfer to a lightly greased wire rack.
- Repeat procedure with remaining pretzels.
- Transfer pretzels to parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Brush generously with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds and sea or Himalayan salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
Share this Recipe