- 1 cup sprouted organic buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups organic whole fat buttermilk
- 1 large pastured or organic egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raw or organic butter, and more as needed
- Stir all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk all wet ingredients together in a small bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk batter until thick and smooth. Let batter rest about 5 minutes until bubbles form and batter relaxes.
- Melt butter in a cast iron over medium heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls into pan and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry (about 3-4 minutes). Flip and cook until browned on the flip side (another 2-3 minutes). Stack on plates and repeat cooking process with remainder of batter. I like to place slices of butter between finished pancakes and keep warm in oven until cooking is complete. Warm maple syrup in heavy saucepan and serve with pancakes. Sproutastically yummy!
Share this Recipe