- 1 Pound TYH Sprouted Black Beans
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups water
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt (more To Taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- sour cream
- Avocado, diced
- Cilantro Leaves
- Lime Wedges
- *Please soak TYH Sprouted Black Beans for 12-24 hours to rehydrate and cut cooking time.
- Place the beans in a bowl or pot, cover with cold water, and allow to soak overnight. Drain the beans and rinse them with cold water.
- In a medium pot, add beans, chicken stock, water, onions, and bell peppers. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. At that time, add salt, chili powder, and cumin and stir. Cover and continue simmering for another 30 minutes to 1 hour, until the liquid level is to your liking.
- Taste for seasoning and add more of what it needs. Serve soup in a bowl with your choice of toppings such as sour cream, avocado, cilantro, and a lime wedge.
Share this Recipe