- 3 1/2 cups organic sprouted flour
- 2 cups whole organic buttermilk (maybe a little less)
- 4 tbsp organic butter or lard, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp aluminum-free baking soda
- Mix sprouted flour with buttermilk by hand, in electric stand mixer or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth dough forms. Do not overwork the dough.
- Remove dough to a well-floured pastry cloth or table sprinkled with additional sprouted flour to prevent sticking.
- Flour rolling pin. Roll dough to about 3/4-1 inch thickness.
- Cut biscuits with a biscuit cutter or glass and place on a buttered baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes if using a convection oven.
Share this Recipe