- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 3/4 cup organic butter softened
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 2 eggs, organic or pastured
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sprouted spelt, wheat, or brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. If dough is dry add 1 tablespoon of water at a time and blend well until you get a dough that holds together well, but is not wet or sticky.
- Chill dough at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick. Cut into shapes or rounds. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 6-8 minutes. Cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks.
Share this Recipe