- CourseSoups & Stews
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves organic garlic, chopped
- 1 small fresno or jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced (roasted red pepper works well, too)
- 1 medium organic sweet potato, diced
- 1 15-oz. can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound cooked and drained sprouted organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, warm the coconut oil. Add onion and bell pepper and saute for about 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add garlic and pepper. Cook about 1 ½ minutes.
- Add the harissa paste, sweet potato, and garbanzo beans, stirring until the paste coats everything.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and stock. Stir well. Increase heat to medium and bring mixture to a simmer. Lower heat again and let cook, covered, until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. The Stew will thicken as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over sprouted quinoa or brown rice.
Share this Recipe