- 2 cups warm filtered water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-4 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6-7 cups sprouted whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- Measure ingredients into bowl, liquids first, then dry ingredients, using only half the flour and adding yeast last.
- Mix gently until the flour is moistened. Continue mixing, adding flour until the dough comes away from the sides and bottom of bowl.
- Knead according to your machine directions (8–10 minutes if kneading by hand).
- Check thoroughness of kneading using the window pane test (see March newsletter). Knead more if needed.
- Divide dough into portions and deflate
- Shape into loaves or rolls and place in greased pans.
- Let rise until doubled or 1" above pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until 190 degrees internal temperature.
- Cool on racks.
- Slice after 15 minutes, store or freeze after 3–5 hours.
Share this Recipe