- 1 8oz raw or organic butter, softened
- 1 cup raw or
- 3 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 2 cups sprouted white wheat or sorghum (g-f) flour
- 1/4 cup raw or organic butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp cane or maple syrup
- 2 tsp heavy raw or organic cream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1 large organic or pastured egg, lightly beaten
- Beat cream cheese, softened butter, 1/4 cup sucanat, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon salt at medium speed in electric stand mixer 2-3 minutes until creamy. Gradually add flour, blending well. Divide dough into 4 equal portions flattening each into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours.
- Stir together melted butter, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 cup sucanat, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- Remove from refrigerator and unwrap 1 dough disk and roll into a 10" circle (about 1/4" thick) on a lightly floured surface (silpats make great surfaces, too). Spread about 3 1/2 tablespoons butter mixture in a thin layer on dough circle, leaving a 1/2" border around edges. Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans over butter mixture, pressing to adhere. Cut circle into 12 wedges and roll up wedges, starting at wide end. Place point sides down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill at least 1/2 hour. Repeat procedure with remaining dough (one disc at a time), butter mixture, and pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water. Brush each roll with egg mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, switching baking sheets halfway through if baking 2 pans at a time. Cool cookies on baking sheets 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks.
Share this Recipe