- 3/4 cup sprouted organic quinoa
- 1 jar Dijon mustard
- 1 organic orange
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 organic avocado, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups organic sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 organic lemon
- 1/2 cup organic arugula
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 1/4 cup organic red kidney beans, cooked (or canned, rinsed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Feta Cheese
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a small pot, bring 1½ cups salted water to a boil , slice orange and lemon in half and add to water. Once boiling, add the quinoa to the water, cover, and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- Toss the sweet potato cubes on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Cook red kidney beans as instructed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, the juice of half the lemon, the juice of half the orange, and a large drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. TIP: You can peel and chop the remaining orange and add it to the salad in step 5, if desired!
- Halve, pit, and peel the avocado, then thinly slice.
- Plate the quinoa and drizzle with half the dressing. Toss the arugula with the remaining dressing (to taste) and plate on top of the quinoa. Top with the roasted sweet potatoes, avocado, red kidney beans and feta cheese. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe