- 1 cup warm organic whole milk (100-110°)
- 1 envelope Active Dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon organic sugar
- 4 cups sprouted red wheat flour
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large organic or pastured eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup warm water (100-110°)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup organic butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a 2-cup glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir together flour and next 2 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in eggs until well blended (Dough will look shaggy.)
- Stir together warm water and baking soda.
- Stir yeast mixture, soda mixture, and melted butter into flour mixture until well blended.
- Spoon batter into a well-buttered tube pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place (80-85°), 45 minutes to 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Carefully place pan in preheated oven. Try not to agitate dough.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack, and cool 30 minutes before slicing.
Share this Recipe