- 1 1/2 cups organic wheat bran
- 1 cup sprouted organic red wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sprouted organic buckwheat groats
- 1/4 cup organic black chia seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large organic ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup organic unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup organic whole buttermilk
- 4 egg whites, pastured or organic
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large organic pear, diced
- 5-6 fresh organic figs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line your muffin pan with 9 parchment paper cups.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and whisk to blend well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash banana with a fork. Add rest of wet ingredients and blend well. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Fold in chopped pear and figs
- Spoon mixture evenly into the 9 lined muffin cups
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees. Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake an additional 20-25 minutes until tops are lightly toasted and a toothpick test comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Share this Recipe