- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 3 cups to your health sprouted flour
- 2 cups whole buttermilk
- 12 tbsp butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups date or maple sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp chocolate extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (or carob powder)
- crispy pecans or walnuts chopped
- Place softened butter and sugar into a large bowl or stand mixer and cream.
- Add eggs, vanilla and chocolate extract.
- Blend well. Stir baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder into the flour in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to sugar and egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into a buttered and floured 9 x 13 glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Sprinkle top generously with chopped nuts.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. NOTE: I bake in a convection oven at 325 degrees for one hour.
NOTE: You can make any substitutions you’d like, such as sweetener, fat, or liquid. If you’d like suggestions please email me at: toyourhealth (at) mon-cre . net
Share this Recipe