- 4 Large Organic Plum Tomatoes
- 3/4 Cup Organic Sprouted Yellow Corn Grits
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Slices bacon
- 4 Large eggs Preferably Pastured
- 1 Cup grated cheddar cheese
- Grate 3 tomatoes into a bowl, discarding any remaining skin. Cop the remaining tomato and set aside.
- Bring 3 cups of filtered water or chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the sprouted grits and the grated tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat, turning until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings from the skillet. Let the bacon cool slightly, then crumble.
- Heat the bacon drippings over medium-high heat. Crack in the eggs and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked to desired doneness.
- Spoon grits into 4 bowls. Top each serving with bacon, chopped tomato, cheese and a fried egg. Season with salt and pepper.
Share this Recipe