- 5 cups organic sprouted flour
- 2 1/4 cups organic whole buttermilk or yogurt
- 1/2 cup organic unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 tso sea salt
- Place flour and buttermilk in stand mixer and blend until slightly stiff dough forms. Add melted butter, baking powder, salt, and flavoring (see below). Blend well.
- Taking a fourth of the dough at a time, roll out to about 1/8 inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Using a knife or pizza wheel, cut crackers into squares.
- Place close together on a lightly buttered baking sheet and place in oven on lowest possible temperature (around 150-200 degrees).
- Leave in until completely dried (several hours). Will be crispy and yummy.
- For older ovens, if your lowest temp is 200 degrees, prop door open very slightly (less than 1 inch) and dry at least over night.
- Food dehydrators work great, too, as well as a wonderful sunny day as long as you cover your crackers to keep bugs and dust away.
Rosemary/Walnut – to basic recipe add 2 rounded tablespoons of ground rosemary,
1 tbsp. dried rosemary leaves, and 1/4 tsp. of walnut oil.
Sesame/Poppy Seed – add 2 Tbsp. each of Sesame and Poppy Seeds.
Cinnamon – add 4 Tbsp. ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon oil, and 3/4 cup sucanat or rapadura.
Cracked Pepper – add 2 Tbsp. of cracked black, green, or pink peppercorns.
Herbed – add 1 1/2 Tbsp. dried dill, 1 tsp. each basil, thyme, oregano, and tarragon.
Share this Recipe