- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 1 stick organic unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed organic light brown sugar (can substitute coconut palm sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted white wheat flour (can substitute sprouted sorghum flour for g-f)
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large organic or pastured eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- add-ins (see variations below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13” glass or ceramic baking pan with parchment paper, allowing it to slightly overhang opposite edges. Coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, swirling often, until fragrant and starting to brown (4-5 minutes). Remove from heat. Whisk in brown sugar. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla into the cooled butter mixture until well combined. Add the flour mixture in 2 additions, gently folding until just combined. Reserve 2 tablespoon of each Add-In. Fold the rest into the batter. Evenly spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the reserved Add-Ins on top.
- Bake the blondies until light brown around the edges (18-22 minutes). They will appear slightly under-baked in the center, but will firm up as they cool. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 24 bars.
- PB&J– ¾ cup coarsely chopped salted, roasted peanuts & ½ cup organic strawberry all-fruit preserves
- Bacon-Date– 2/3 cup coarsely chopped cooked bacon & 2/3 cup chopped pitted dates
- Coconut-Almond– ¾ cup sweetened coconut flakes & ¾ cup toasted sliced sprouted almonds
- Hazelnut-Espresso– ¾ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts & 2/3 cup coarsely chopped chocolate-covered espresso beans
- Pretzel & White Chocolate– ¾ cup coarsely chopped thin pretzel sticks & ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Pecan-Chocolate Chip– 34 cup chopped toasted pecans & ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
Share this Recipe