- CourseSoups & Stews
- 1 pound venison, beef, or bison, cubed
- 1/3 cup organic sprouted white wheat or sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium organic onions, diced
- 8 ounces bacon, diced (nitrate/nitrite free)
- 6 cloves organic garlic, diced
- 1 pound organic mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 1 bunch Fresh Thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Place cubed meat in a medium bowl and add flour, salt, and pepper. Toss well until all meat is coated.
- Warm oil in a Dutch oven or heavy soup pot over medium heat. Add bacon and fry until crisp. Add onions and garlic. Saute all until onions are translucent (6-10 minutes).
- Add the meat and cook about 7 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and continue to cook another 10 minutes.
- Pour in wine, broth, and tomato paste. Stir well. Add herbs. Return mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered, about 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove herbs. Sprinkle top with fresh parsley and serve warm over sprouted brown rice or mashed potatoes.
Share this Recipe