- 1 cup lard
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (whole fat) buttermilk
- 3 cups sprouted flour (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Beat lard and sugar together in electric mixer until creamy.
- Add molasses and beat until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Add buttermilk and beat until blended.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients.
- Gradually add to buttermilk mixture and beat until blended.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately.
- Makes about 2 ½ dozen muffins.
Share this Recipe