Apple Crostata Pie
This Sprouted Gluten-Free Apple Crostata Pie is made with To Your Health Sprouted Flour Co.'s Gluten-Free Baking Mix, and our delicious Best Ever Pie Crust recipe. The pie crust recipe makes enough for two pie crusts, so cut that recipe in half unless you want to make two!
- CoursePies & Pastries
- 6 Macintosh Apples peeled, cored, sliced 1/8" thick
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot or non-GMO cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda, ground ginger, allspice, and lemon zest each
- 1/2 Batch TYH's Best Ever Pie Crust
- 1 Organic egg lightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples with the brown sugar, the cornstarch, lemon zest and cinnamon.
- Roll your pie dough into a 10" circle, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the apples in an overlapping spiral pattern in the middle of the pie dough, leaving about a 1-inch border. Then, fold the pie dough edge over the filling.
- Brush the exposed dough with the egg and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the apples are tender.
This pie is delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream.
Share this Recipe
Sprouted Lentil Flour Lemon Cookies
- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 3/4 cup organic butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sap sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg, pastured or organic
- 2 1/2 cups sprouted lentil flour (or sprouted flour of choice)
- 1 teaspoon each: baking soda, ground ginger, allspice, and lemon zest
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Cream butter, sugar, and honey in a large bowl. Beat in the egg.
- Gradually sift the flour, salt, baking soda, ginger and allspice together. Stir into the creamed mixture. Add the lemon zest and mix thoroughly.
- Form the dough into 30 or so balls (about 1 rounded tablespoon each). Space them about 1" apart on the cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a spatula. Sprinkle additional sugar on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cookies are light brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional) for an extra zing.
Share this Recipe