- 3 cups sprouted flour of choice
- 2 cups organic whole fat buttermilk
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups organic sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks organic butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer or large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well. Add extracts and blend well.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into a well-greased 9x13 baking dish and bake for about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes before slicing.
Share this Recipe