Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
- CourseHoliday Recipes, Yeasted Breads
- 2 1/2 cups sprouted white wheat flour
- 3/4 cup cup organic sugar (this bread presents better using a lighter colored sugar source)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary (I chop it slightly in a coffee grinder)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large organic or pastured eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sweet white wine (can substitute apple juice)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat a 9.5" x 5" loaf pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, rosemary, salt, and lemon zest.
- In another medium bowl, blend the eggs, wine, and olive oil.
- Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Transfer the batter into loaf pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack 15-20 minutes before removing from pan.
Share this Recipe