Sprouted Fruit and Sunflower Loaves
- 2 cups sprouted flour of choice
- 1 cup sprouted yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups vanilla whole-milk, organic yogurt
- 1/2 cup good olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried organic fruit, chopped (I like golden currants, apricots, and figs)
- 1/2 cup sprouted sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated organic orange rind
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine yogurt, oil, syrup, honey, and vanilla in a smaller bowl.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in fruit, sunflower seeds, and rind.
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased loaf pan (or 4 mini loaf pans). Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before slicing.
Share this Recipe