Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- CourseCakes & Cookies, Holiday Recipes
- 1 pound apples
- 2 cups sprouted rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup Walnuts
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Butter a 2-quart casserole. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Core apples, then chop and cut into half-inch cubes. Scatter apples in casserole dish, cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven to cool. Turn oven down to 325°.
- In a medium bowl, mix sprouted rolled oats, cinnamon, sea salt, half of walnuts (reserving other half for later).
- Add milk, stir and set aside to soak for 30 min.
- In a small bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, melted butter, and half of maple syrup (reserving other half for later).
- After soaking period, mix remaining wet ingredients into oat mixture. Spread into casserole with apples. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts and syrup, then a few shakes of cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- Bake uncovered at 325° for 35-45 minutes, or until the middle of the baked oatmeal springs back to light touch and is lightly browned. Serve with a dollop of fresh cream.
Share this Recipe
Happy Harvest Oat Power Bowl
- 4 Cups milk
- 1 Cup sprouted rolled oats
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Small Bananas
- 2 Medium apples Thinly Sliced or Blueberries
- 4 Teaspoons Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon chia seeds
- 4 Teaspoons coconut sugar or Honey
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Add sprouted rolled oats, milk and salt to a soup pot. Warm over high heat and bring to a boil. When boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until tender and fluffy. Stir in one teaspoon cinnamon to cooked oats. Remove from heat and spoon into serving bowls.
- Add sprouted pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sugar or honey, sliced banana and apple on top of the oatmeal. Add and sprinkle of cinnamon and orange zest over top, if desired.
- Sprinkle of cinnamon and fresh orange zest (optional)
Share this Recipe