Sprouted Garbanzo Bean (Chickpea) Stew
- CourseSoups & Stews
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves organic garlic, chopped
- 1 small fresno or jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced (roasted red pepper works well, too)
- 1 medium organic sweet potato, diced
- 1 15-oz. can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound cooked and drained sprouted organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, warm the coconut oil. Add onion and bell pepper and saute for about 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add garlic and pepper. Cook about 1 ½ minutes.
- Add the harissa paste, sweet potato, and garbanzo beans, stirring until the paste coats everything.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and stock. Stir well. Increase heat to medium and bring mixture to a simmer. Lower heat again and let cook, covered, until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. The Stew will thicken as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over sprouted quinoa or brown rice.
Share this Recipe
Springtime Pilaf with Salmon and Asparagus
- 4 cups filtered water
- 4 6-oz. wild salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons organic or raw butter
- 2 cups diagonally cut organic asparagus (1 inch pieces)
- 3 cups Hot cooked sprouted brown rice
- 1 cup sprouted or frozen organic green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf organic parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a large skillet. Add salmon fillets, skin side up. Return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish with a slotted spoon and dispose of water. Cool fish slightly. Remove and discard skin. Break fish into large pieces.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Melt butter. Add asparagus and cook 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice, peas, and broth. Cook 1 minute to heat through. Add salmon, parsley, and remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine. Cook 2 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Share this Recipe