Power Packed Oatmeal Cookies
- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 1/2 cup organic butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp organic apple juice or apple cider
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sprouted organic spelt flour or sprouted organic whole wheat flour
- 2 cups sprouted gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup organic wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sprouted organic sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sprouted organic almonds
- 1/4 cup sprouted organic pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend the butter and sugar using a stand mixer until fluffy. Add the egg, apple juice and vanilla. Blend well.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, oats, wheat germ, salt and cinnamon together. Add to the butter mixture and blend well.
- Gently fold in seeds and raisins.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls onto lined cookie sheet and gently flatten. Space about 2" apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and let cookies cool for 5 minutes. Remove cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
Share this Recipe
- 2 cups sprouted wheat or white wheat flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup (4 oz.) grated Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (whole fat) milk
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in cheese and raisins. Make a well in the center of mixture.
- Combine egg and milk. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. (If dough is too dry add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until you get a moistened batter.)
- Spoon batter into greased and floured muffin pans.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Yield about 14 muffins.
Share this Recipe