- CourseBatter Breads, Cakes & Cookies
- 1 cup sprouted oats, crushed in food processor or spice grinder Can substitute sprouted rolled oats
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind, preferably organic
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (from grated orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sprouted wheat, spelt, or brown rice flour
- 1 cup sucanat or date sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg, preferably pastured
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh organic blueberries (can use frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; let stand 10 minutes or until oats soften.
- Stir in flour and next 6 ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened (Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if batter is too dry).
- Gently fold in blueberries. Pour batter into a greased 9"x5" ceramic or glass loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack 10–15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Yummy served with homemade lemon sorbet.
Share this Recipe