Herbed Cracker Bread
- 2 cups sprouted organic gluten-free flour (your choice)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon organic sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 2 tablespoons organic butter, melted
- 1 large organic or pastured egg
- 3 tablespoons sprouted organic yellow cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and the next 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine sour cream, butter and egg well. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir to form a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead 7 or 8 times.
- Divide dough in half. Place 1 dough portion on each of 2 baking sheets lightly greased with butter and sprinkled with 1 ½ tablespoons cornmeal. Turn to coat top of dough. Roll each portion into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle about 1/8 inch thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and crisp. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Break each sheet into 12 crackers.
Share this Recipe