- 1 cup sprouted brown rice or sorghum flour (or 50/50)
- 1/2 cup sprouted yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs, preferably pastured or organic
- 1/4 cup coconut sap sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 cups whole organic buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place a large baking sheet on middle rack.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs and sugar in a medium bowl. Add buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Whisk until well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Lightly coat it with olive or coconut oil.
- Add enough batter to cover about 2/3 of surface (about 2/3 cup). Distribute batter evenly across surface. Close and cook until golden brown - 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the waffles to the baking sheet to keep warm until ready to serve. Don't stack so they'll stay crisp.
- Butter them up, add your favorite syrup or fruit sauce, and serve for a yummy breakfast.
Share this Recipe